Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love writing contests

I just officially posted "Vampire Prom" on Meg Cabot's writing club forums. It was only the prom scene, because of the limited number of words I was allowed. I am going to post the full story very soon. I will be submitting it into Novel Novice's Writing Prompt contest, "flashbacks". I chose to use "Vampire Prom" because the entire story is based on flashbacks. As soon as I edit it, I first am going to send it to my self-published friend, who's e-book over easy can be found on Lulu.com (here's a link)  Over Easy by Beth Ellyn,   
, because she is my inspiration and she's always awesome about reading my stories and helping me out. (Yes Beth you will find out on here that I am sending the story your way tehe) 

But as soon as I get her valued opinion I will be posting it here and sending it for the Prompt contest on Novel Novice. 

Another contest that's due at the end of June which is also located on the Novel Novice website is a contest to win a new book. The book is Hourglass by Myra McEntire, about a "time-slip". So the contest is to write a short story about time-travel. I have to cram all of my ideas into 250-500 words, this should be a challenge but I am so up for it. 

So that's where I am at right now. My new goal if I choose to follow is to find contests with writing prompts to strengthen my writing. It seems like a challenge, but I think it will help me keep my mind off of the crap going  through my head right now. 

Maybe in my next entry I will have an excerpt from the un-edited copy of my time-travel short story. For now, it's just me blabbing on about useless information that no one is probably reading. 

Signing off with some.... Peace, Love & Bulletproof Marshmallows (yeah Zac I stole your quote mwahahaa)

No comments:

Post a Comment